Stewart-Class 7 Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Updates
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Enjoy our work? Please share us in your social networking circles to help us grow!

Bookmark and share the address of Stewart-Class 7 Studios on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Newbie Musician
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:41 am by The_Judger

» ~Winter Anime 2012/2013~
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:50 pm by Guest

» ^( ° ͜ʖ ͡°)^
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:20 pm by Guest

» Musician Enter!
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 am by Guest

» Introduce Yourselves Here!
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:17 am by Guest

» VNs that you have played!
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:12 am by Guest

» Musican Application
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:01 pm by Guest

» ~Fall Anime 2012~
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:53 pm by Guest

» Happy Birthday Thread
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posters
The_Judger
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_lcapProgress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_voting_barProgress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_rcap 

Poll

Should Judger Grow A Moustache?

Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_lcap28%Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_rcap 28% [ 5 ]
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_lcap17%Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_rcap 17% [ 3 ]
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_lcap17%Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_rcap 17% [ 3 ]
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_lcap6%Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_lcap22%Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_rcap 22% [ 4 ]
Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_lcap11%Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far I_vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 18

Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far

Go down

Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far Empty Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:31 am

*Please keep in mind that though these are our plans at the moment, it is all subject to change over the development period.*

So, a bit of an update on what we're doing now. We're planning on releasing the first of what we're calling "Mini-VNs" in the fall, with all of them being released in a bundle during the holiday season. These are essentially prologues, told through the eyes of the game's heroines, to give you guys a taste of their stories and the mood of the game. Us developers have come together, and voted that Layla be the first girl to have a Mini-VN released. The rest will be released in the holiday season, and I think I speak for all of us when I say that we're all excited to hear you internet folk bash and criticize our efforts.. Seriously, though, we'll be putting our best efforts into these, and we hope they will at least pique your interests for the actual game!

Now, on to talking about CoLoCo itself. Firstly, I will say that we DO have our character's stories down, more or less. Changes will of course be made during development, but I feel that all of us writers have a good grasp on our heroines, their personalities, and their stories. I'm excited to bring my character Elise to life, and to see the other girls be fleshed out as well!

The VN will take place in the town of Woodland, located in the state of New York. Yes, that's right, this one isn't set in Japan, though it will still be drawn, programmed, and will play out like a traditional visual novel. (Katawa Shoujo, Clannad, G-Senjou no Maou, etc etc) Don't let that turn you off, I myself am a HUGE fan of Japanese VNs, and I can say that with the material we have so far, our little project here will have the very same feel as any other VN.
Anyway, yeah, it's in a town in NY, which is an urbanized town, meaning there are some rural areas, but there is a small urban centre in it as well.
Players will play the role of Seth Alexander, a young University student and aspiring musician who is the guitarist for the local band Enix. As the story progresses, Seth will meet and learn about our 4 heroines through their respective story arcs. Here are some descriptions of him and the girls:

Seth Alexander

Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far Seth+1st
Art by: Kurenai-Ryu

Name: Seth Alexander
Writer: The_Judger (Act I); All Writers
Age/Birthday: 22, October 15th
Blood Type: A-
Height/Body Type: 6 ft, 180 or so lbs.
Appearance/Clothing: Medium-length dark brown hair and dark green eyes. Well built, often wears a black dress shirt over a t-shirt, dark jeans. Tattoo on left side of chest, left earlobe pierced.

Seth is a charismatic, cultured, and intelligent young man who is attempting to receive his Masters Degree in English and Literature. As lead guitarist for local band, Enix, Seth is decently well-known around campus, and has a reputation for being a logical, laid-back guy with immense amounts of musical talent. Seth is also an avid lover of nature, and enjoys spending time outdoors, by himself or otherwise. Throughout the course of the game, the player will come to discover some of Seth's inner demons, and help him find his true path in life, whatever it may be.

Layla Sommers:

Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far Layla+3+-+Daeu
Art by: Daru

Name: Layla Sommers
Writer: The_Judger
Age/Birthday: 21, December 20th
Height/Body Type: 5'7", Curvy
Blood Type: B-
Appearance/Clothing: Medium-long light brown hair, lavender eyes. Has many outfits, but is often wearing something revealing her shoulders, as well as a grey pair of slim jeans. Never seen without her necklace, a coda symbol.

Layla is an interesting girl, being a natural enigma - a social recluse with a lively and vibrant personality. Despite her most desperate wishes, Layla is unable to bring herself to speak or interact with people, instead, she spends her days in solitude, accompanied only by her acoustic guitar - her closest friend. Despite this, the true Layla is actually a very vivacious and playful girl, wild even, as Seth will come to learn. In many ways she is akin to a caged bird, choosing to still sing, despite wanting to leave her confinement. Perhaps Seth will discover more about what happened to Layla to make her this way, fleshing out his own flaws in the process, and discovering that hope, even when a fleeting concept, can be an invaluable lifeline. You just need to open your heart, and it will guide you.

Elise Wagner

Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far Rsz_el11
Art by: Kurenai-Ryu

Name: Elise Wagner
Writer: Red_B
Age/Birthday: 19, October 5th
Height/ Body Type: 5”6’, 125lb, Curvy
Appearance/Clothing: Long dark purple hair, deep blue eyes. Dresses nicely, with clothing tastes the lean towards Japanese fashion. (She's a bit of a closet otaku)

Elise is a caring, gentle girl, who is loved by the town and all who know her. Daughter of the Wagner family, the most powerful family in the town, she has been raised by her father and her big sister her entire life, as her mother passed away giving birth to her. She has been brought up to be a prim and proper representative of the family, something that has been forced on her against her will since before she can remember. When not around her father, she acts like a normal girl would. She attends the same University that Seth does, and is often hanging out with her best friend Haruka, or busy with her counselling work at the local church. Through years of helping people in need, she has taken on the role of the town's mother, so much so that many of the townspeople think of her as the town's guardian angel. She is also a skilled pianist, who often loses herself in her playing when she's alone. However, for reasons she can't even explain, all of her songs sound sad. Even when she tries to compose something upbeat, she finds that it quickly turns into a depressing piece. Upon meeting her, Seth will find himself swept up in her pace, spending more and more time with her, and even finding himself assisting her as she helps some of the locals. But as the two get closer, he will see a side of her that no one has ever seen, and the story of a troubled past will come to light. Though she has spent so many years helping the people she meets, it will be up to Seth this time to finally free her.

Reiko Tekado

Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far Reiko_10

Nationality: Japanese
Birthday: April 15 (Aries)
Blood Type: B
Height: 167cm (5' 6")
Weight: 54kg (120lb)
Hair: Brown

Reiko Tekado is a very quirky teenager. It’s not that she’s ditsy, she's just simply happy all the time! Her life has been seemingly pleasant. She does not have a traumatic past or any major issues. She is very spontaneous in life, and sometimes this can be seen as a bad thing. Ultimately, she is absolutely full of life. Her hobbies are not as girlish as some would imagine. She enjoys playing any sport with guys, is totally into seeing new bands in the area play, and has a hobby as a photographer. She loves meeting strangers!

Nadia Winters

Progress & Updates!: What We Have So Far Nadia+2+Daru

Name: Nadia Winters.
Writer: Via_01.
Age/Birthday: 21, June 28th.
Blood Type: AB+
Height/ Body Type: Around 5’7” (170 cm), 120 or so lbs.
Appearance/Clothing: Medium length dark brown hair, usually tied in a ponytail, long bangs at both sides of her face, forehead mostly uncovered. Gray eyes. Tends to wear a formal-like shirt and skirt during warm seasons, and a brown jacket with scarf, also with skirt and tights during cold seasons.

Many around campus believe that this girl is a cold, impossible to approach woman. And they aren’t off the mark. Nadia is, just as it seems from afar, an unsociable, hostile person that manages to scare off anyone that might try to get close. She also presents high criticism against actual society and human beings in general, showing that off whenever she gets involved in a debate or discussion. But no one knows the reason of her strange behavior. Only Seth, after an accidental meeting, will manage to discover something behind her shell, the hopeless nature of her whole existence. A nature that, in truth, is not without logical reason. As they get closer, it’ll be up to him to make Nadia understand that the world is more than just cruelty and despair and, maybe, that love is still possible, even for someone like her.

Vivian DeLoren

Writer: Tacochickenwings
Age/Birthday: 22

Unfortunately, Taco has been busy having a life, unlike the rest of us here at SC7, so not much is known about Vivian. We will be releasing her description as soon as we get it!

Music!

So, we know that a visual novel is nothing without a good soundtrack to hammer home those feels. Which is why we have hired on some talented musicians to make up an original soundtrack to go along with our game. They've already made some very impressive stuff.... but we're going to keep those to ourselves for now. Don't want to spoil the mood of the game.

Ah, hell, here have this one: http://soundcloud.com/red_b632/meeting

So, yes, we're good for music and musicians. Smile

Well then, I believe that's all I have for you guys today. But please, come check out our blog at http://chordprogressiondevblog.blogspot.ca/

And we have a forum too! It's still pretty empty, so we welcome all of you to come and chat with us! .... we're lonely... T.T : https://sc7cp.rpg-board.net/

Thanks for looking, see you on the board!

-Red_B

P.S.: Just want to say that WE ARE LOOKING FOR CHARACTER ARTISTS! If you'd like to try for it, please make a thread in the recruitment section of our forum. We will be looking for any previous work you have done, or if you have none available to show, a brand new piece, so we can be sure your style will fit our game. Be sure to add those in with your application!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum